Darby, Dorothy J.
Leave a CondolenceSend FlowersPrint
January 17, 1923 - October 9, 2013
Born January 17,1923 in Ft. Worth, Texas, Dorothy J. Darby was the daughter of Robert Milton and Jennie Mae Jones; sister to Jodie McDaniel and Mary Lee Roberts; wife of Harry Darby (1960-1981). One daughter, Catherine Ann Jones and grandson Christopher Rao, his wife Josie, and great grandsons Raja and Tristan. There are also three step-children: Terry, Sherry, and Peggy Darby and their children.
- Graduate of Tulane University and S.M.U. for her Masters Degree.
- Worked for fifteen years in the Texas oil industry then taught business for nineteen years at MacArthur High School and at North Lake College.
- One of fifteen selected from 150,000 public school teachers to serve on the State textbook committee
- Editor of Economics of Our Free Enterprise System (McGraw-Hill, 1982)
- Memberships: Delta Kappa Gamma, Phi Mu, Bona Fide Club, Texas
- Business Education Association, National Business Education, Gourmet Dinner Group, and Saturday Breakfast Group.
- Member of Plymouth Park Methodist Church since 1962, and Sunday School Teacher.
- Certificate of Appreciation from University of Dallas International Student
- Association for promoting goodwill among nations (1984)
Memorial will be held Saturday, Oct 26, 3pm at Plymouth Park UM Church, 1615 W. Airport Fwy, Irving, TX
(In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Baylor Irving Healthcare Foundation)
Please send the family condolences and sign the guest book on this site.
Arrangements are under the direction of Aria Cremation Service & Funeral Home, 1820 N Belt Line Road, Irving, Texas 75061, 972 607.4400